Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Travel Plans for Spring 2011

So I've been in Florence for more than a week and I started to feel settled...I guess it's time for me to start updating this blog!
Ponte Vecchio, Florence, Italy 

Most of you probably know that I spent two weeks in Siena, Italy for orientation for AIFS. I am now (finally!) in Florence taking regular classes. I want to update you on some of my other travel plans for the rest of the semester. Italy happens to be a prime location for traveling around Europe. Florence is also a well-connected city (an hour from Rome, 3 from Venice). I'm trying to concentrate most of my traveling to Italy. After all, I came here for the Italian culture, so I plan to get to know the country as best I can. That said, I will be traveling to a select number of other countries in Europe. Here's my current list!

-Salzburg, Austria. Angela is of course studying here so I will certainly be taking a trip up there! I'd also like to see Munich, Berlin, and Vienna while I'm in the area.
-Madrid, Spain. I'm saving this trip for when after classes end in May. I will be staying in Europe one month longer in order to travel.
-Paris, France. Again, a May trip.
-London, England. I had a quick 2 day stop over here but plan on spending a couple more days exploring the free museums and maybe riding a double decker bus before my flight leaves from this city in June.
-Rome, Venice, Pisa, Lucca, CinqueTerre, and Milan. Planned through AIFS. Can't wait!
-Almafi Coast: Capri, Sorrento, Pompeii, Napoli...beaches, limoncello, and sun! My spring break trip.

I'm also debating between...
-Corfu, Greece
and
-The French Riviera

I will keep you all posted!

Ciao,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment